Friday 7 January 2011

New Year Letter from the Director of Tempo Semanal, Jose Belo. HEROES VERSUS CORRUPTION

Jose Belo
This is a letter from the Director of Tempo Semanal and represents personal reflections and opinions on behalf of the Director and Founder of Tempo Semanal: A Satire and tragi-comedy.  Such is the state of Timor-Leste today.


Dear Readers:
It has recently been the Christmas and New Year period around the world and in Timor-Leste.  At this period people reflect on the past present and future.  Let me express my sincere appreciation to all your the readers great comments, criticism and solidarity. 
But I am still the same vulnerable and egoistic man: Jose Belo.  Do I have unfair attitudes and ambitions to enrich myself and/or become a Minister; so that I can rob more state funds/financial resource?
My mind is occupied by Corruption, Nepotism and Collusion, which fly against the living principle of my now dead heros. 
Now, I am nothing. 
Often, I question myself, why the hell are you sitting in your guest room like an idiot José?
Why don’t you think of getting yourself up, and go and get a BMW, Hummer, Pajero, Prado for yourself, Jose? 


Jose Belo hamutuk Grupu David "Daitula" Alex nian 
Why you are still driving that old, rusty and old Toyota Rav4, Jose?
Come on Jose!... hey José, stand up and find ways to be corrupt, don’t just keep on sitting while looking at the photos of your four great but dead heros, Nicolão Lobato, David Alex, Nino Konis Santana and Pedro Nunes Sabalae, who are no longer with me here physically but they live alive  every day in my stories, memories and photos.  In my mind.
Heyyyyyyy,,,,,,,get away from me, José!
Remember alone the remarkable determination, sacrifice, honesty, credibility of the living memories from my great heros that haunt me still in my conscious and sub-concious moments. 


Konis Santana no Jose Belo
Forget it José. Come on José! leave José alone. 
José, you could be a greater corruptor than others. 
Don't make me sick with your Toyota Rav4 which with no air conditioning. 
José,...you have fought for this country. José, I have been in prison because of your stupidity man! We have lost lots of our family members. 
Now, listen carefully, I want you to take money from your left pocket then put it here....in the right pocket. So I can use it to buy a Hummer. 
Am I still the man of Principle, José?"


Hummer - Oligarkia Timor-Leste Nian - Pualaka Nian.
Editor Note:
Tempo Semanal would not be alive today because of the love, commitment, trust and hard work of its staff.  To them all credit goes for the past, present and future success of Tempo Semanal.  Hakuak Bo'ot!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sr. José Belo,
A virtude é o que de melhor os indivíduos podem obter de si próprios. É o que você é hoje ou reivindica o ser ! Pronto.E sustento a teoria de que todas as vítimas são, ao mesmo tempo, verdugos de outros. Assim mesmo a ambição embriaga mais do que a glória. Embora que em Timor Leste, quem não sente a ânsia de ser mais, não chegará a ser nada.Eu o sugestiono fazendo algumas políticas de qualquer de forma que seja e que os seus desejos pessoais estará para sempre satisfeito ! Com respeito Timor oan ida laiha ambição

Anonymous said...

Dear Jose, you need to keep going in 2011, and most important, more journalists and more newspapers and magazines and TV and radio should do the same, all should be critical voices, and see for your self. If the government say they are using money on the people, in roads, buildings, infrastructure, and what you see is still nothing, then speak out!
Santana, Lobato and the others would like you to continue the same struggle they fought years ago. The liberation of Timor-Leste was one part of the struggle. The second part is to bring social and economic justice to all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jose,
It is what we call being in a statehood and forget all those memories & promises. I wish i can turn back the time to bring back late NINO CONI SANTANA. This independence is only for those opportunists not for Timorese. 'They will take while they can'

Will a revolution solve this? it is not for sure and it will damage more our state.

Are we waiting for another people' leader? Probably another 100 years.

Or just leave it and see those people enrich themselves?

Free our people on socio-economic struggle from opportunists either Timorese or foreigners.

Keep what you are doing now and may those who have given their blood to this land BLEES ON US.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jose,
It is what we call being in a statehood and forget all those memories & promises. I wish i can turn back the time to bring back late NINO CONI SANTANA. This independence is only for those opportunists not for Timorese. 'They will take while they can'

Will a revolution solve this? it is not for sure and it will damage more our state.

Are we waiting for another people' leader? Probably another 100 years.

Or just leave it and see those people enrich themselves?

Free our people on socio-economic struggle from opportunists either Timorese or foreigners.

Keep what you are doing now and may those who have given their blood to this land BLEES ON US.

Anonymous said...

Jose Belo and Nelson Belo: pahlawan asli!

I hope to see you in Darwin in June.

No surrender!

Anonymous said...

Awas! Those LA Lights will kill you Jose.

Better you give them to Xanana and Horta for them to smoke. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Maun Jose,
Nice Reflection in 2011! and I hope Those Corrupt Politician Bastard make the reflection for them self unless they have a green eyes.

In this comment, i would like to share several simple questions that I think every one has to look at it and have say about it.
For me, I still found very hard to answer these questions and make firm decisions.

1. Is that OK for you, if a Hero make mistakes??
2. Do you still consider He/She as a Hero based on that mistakes??
3. Should we give Him/Her another chance??

Keep Fighting.......

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for reminding us of Heroes. THOSE WHO ARE PREPARED TO SACRIFICE THEIR TIME, THEIR MONEY, AND THE ULTIMATE- THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR COMMUNITY.
Thankyou for letting some of them speak from the past. I know they are watching us.

Let them be the guide to us all.

Anonymous said...

OMG Jose, I finally found you. Where have u been? Why is Agio Pereira writting so much for your paper? What a lot of bulshit he has been talking about. Anyway, just back from TL and I could not believe the corruption that goes in the country. I hope the new President together with a new government can put a stop to this and corruptors can go to jail.
L

Anonymous said...

OMG Jose, I finally found you. Where have u been? Why is Agio Pereira writting so much for your paper? What a lot of bulshit he has been talking about. Anyway, just back from TL and I could not believe the corruption that goes in the country. I hope the new President together with a new government can put a stop to this and corruptors can go to jail.
L